I recently went to a weekend retreat where many people came together and made food. One of the most memorable soups was this one.
I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!
- 2 whole Sweet Potatoes/Yams
- 6 Carrots
- 3 Stalks Celery
- 1 large Leek
- 1 carton Vegetable broth
- Butter/ Olive Oil/ Coconut oil
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- Himalayan pink salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- OPTIONAL: pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, goats cheese to garnish
- Chop all ingredients into small cubes.
- On Medium heat, soften leek, celery in the oil of your choice until transparent.
- Add the rest of your ingredients.
- Continue to cook on medium heat until everything is somewhat softened.
- Add broth.
- Bring to a boil, turn heat down to minimum and allow to simmer until all ingredients are mushy.
- Use a blender, food processor or hand held blender to whip up – incorporate coconut milk until smooth and creamy.
- Heat through once more.
- Serve hot or cold – ENJOY!